Friday, January 3, 2014

Pink Mason Jars


Hello everyone!  I am officially uploading my first DIY project on the blog.  I actually got this idea from a blogger from Mason Jar Crafts Love.  My first few projects will predominantly be about Mason Jars.  The reason being is lately I have been obsessed with these things.  I think it's because it's reminding me of my time in Texas.  Mason Jars are a lot bigger in the south than up here in NJ but did you know that the mason jar was actually patented by a man who was from NJ.  How cool is that?  So here goes my first post about a DIY post!

First of all only two of these are Ball Mason Jars, the other two smaller jars are bought from Michael's and don't have a brand name.  Make sure your jars are clean and if you wash them, let them dry first.


These are the two ingredients you will need.  If you want to copy the one smaller jar that has sequins, you'll need those as well.  You need Mod Podge and make sure you buy the gloss one, but you will need food coloring.  Both of these products were bought from Michael's.


Mix both the Mod Podge and the food coloring.  Use only a few drops.  Of course use more for a brighter pink.


Let the jars dry.  Depending on how much Mod Podge you put inside it may take anywhere from 1-2 days to dry.  It's been extremely cold in the house lately so it's taken a lot longer to dry.  

There you go, my first DIY post!  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment