Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dream Catcher Nails



The idea for the nail art design I'm about to show you is from this lovely dream catcher.  I love dream catchers and I actually have one big one connected to a bunch of little ones in my room.  I will say it's been helping with catching all of my bad dreams because I don't have as many as I used to.  Coincidence?  Maybe.


Ok, so trust me when I say this is probably the easiest types of nail art that I've done.  Now I've experimented quite a bit and I'm actually giving my nails a rest right now so I'm uploading a design I've done in the past.  Don't worry, there will be more where this came from!




You will come to find out that most of my nail polishes are either OPI or Sally Hansen.  I also use Pure ICE every once in a while.  The most important base coat that I use that I've noticed has SIGNIFICANTLY helped with any type of yellowing.  Surprisingly I don't have yellow nails.  For the amount of times I tested out different designs and the fact that my nails didn't breathe for about three months, I will stick by this miracle strengthener by Sally Hansen.  It's called Maximum Shield, it's AMAZING!!


Of course this is the easy part.  You don't have to paint your nails the same color or the same order.  I just really liked the white and pink and the green was an interesting twist.  


In this step you take the nail pens from the first pictures (which by the way they were the best birthday present, they make nail art so much easier to do because free hand gets hard with certain designs) and just make a semi circle.  Then you make a "web" looking design.  Make it however you'd like!


Then add a few lines underneath the semi circle.  Add the "beads" by just putting little dots.  It's not shown in this picture but add dots inside the "web" too.


This is what I did for my middle finger and thumb.  




Now I add the top coat which is OPI.  Make sure your nails are COMPLETELY dry otherwise that top coat will smudge the design and you'll get a streaky dream catcher or feather.  Trust me, I know.  I had to redo one of my nails, it was quite sad because of course it was the one that came out the best.

Well there you have it!  I hope this tutorial helped.  More Nail Art DIY's will be coming soon!

Check out my other blog!  Moda by Monika

Shop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment